Write an Evocative (Badass) Book That Readers Remember and Agents Request
*Yes, it IS possible!
Before you write another word, snag the 7-Step Guide to an Unputdownable First Chapter!
It's a game changer.
You’re smart. You’re motivated. And you’ve got a powerful story to tell.
Now you just need to stop spinning your wheels and start getting those brilliant words down on digital paper the RIGHT way!
Because you really don’t want to waste another decade (or two)…
- Comparing your story to the Hunger Games or the Invisible Life of Addie Larue and wondering why the heck your story doesn’t read like that.
- Suppressing a What the frack? scream when two critique partners give you completely contradictory advice. (Read: You have too much backstory and You don’t have enough backstory, etc.)
- Getting halfway through your super awesome manuscript only to suddenly feel as lost as Mark Watney in The Martian, and immediately deciding to start a shiny new novel instead. (It’ll totally be different this time… right?!?)
- Reading that Brilliant New Craft Book, trying to implement all the Great Writing Advice, but being 100% sure that you’re doing it all wrong.
- Feeling completely alone and frustrated while you sit at your desk, writing, rewriting, and revising that damn book for the millionth time… but still not really getting anywhere.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Writing a book can be exciting and fulfilling. Seriously.
Imagine knowing exactly what needs fixing and exactly how to fix it.
*No hassle, no drama, no wasted time!*
Imagine having consistent accountability and the opportunity to brainstorm with a story expert.
Imagine knowing you will finish your book, and it will be worth reading.
Hello there, storyteller! Heather here!
I’m a certified book coach, editor, story nerd, and lover of all things speculative fiction.
I’m completely obsessed with iced mocha lattes, trail running, and helping first-time authors develop rock-solid writing skills (and habits) that foster a deeply rewarding writing journey and an agent-ready manuscript.
Wanna know more? Find out here.
Look, stories are my zone of genius, and I’ve always been able to peel back the curtain and figure out how books weave their unique brand of magic.
But after becoming an Author Accelerator book coach? After several years of 1:1 mentoring with story coach Lisa Cron (Wired for Story, Story Genius, Story or Die)?
Well, let’s just say I leveled up my understand of Story. Combine that with over a decade of teaching experience, and I REALLY know how to break this stuff down so that writers can finally GET IT!
Here’s how I can help make your dream of being an author a reality…
- You’ll get the gentle accountability you need to get your writing done and make consistent progress in your manuscript.
- You’ll have expert eyes on every word you write… helping you celebrate what’s working well and helping you understand how to fix what’s not quite there yet.
- You’ll learn all the storytelling techniques that will allow you to write a brilliant book that crawls into readers’ brains and takes up residence there.
- You’ll finally feel like someone understands and loves your story as much as you do (maybe more).
- You’ll feel 100% supported because you’ll have a buddy (read: writing mentor and story structure aficionada) to brainstorm with.
- You’ll feel secure knowing that you’re always headed in the right direction… so you won’t end up writing 300 pages that go nowhere.
Are we a HOT MATCH?
I’m the Kaylee to your Serenity (or, if you prefer, the Max Perkins to your Ernest Hemingway) if…
- You believe in diversity, and your protagonist represents that belief (Disabilities, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, neurodivergent, etc.)
- You’re ready to start at the beginning and learn how to craft a story the right way.
- You see editing and revising as the best way to make a piece of writing shine… and you kinda dig it.
- You love deep, emotionally impactful stories, even if you’re writing genre fiction.
- You want readers to love your characters so much that they make playlists on Spotify inspired by your book.
Wanna know how I help passionate writers become successful authors?
Build-A-Book Monthly Coaching
Your novel, my signature method, and more fun than a night binging Our Flag Means Death while noshing on chocolate covered gummy bears!
Monthly book coaching is perfect for writers who already have a story idea and are chomping at the bit to get started bringing their book to life!
*Always open as long as I have coaching spots available.
Besides having a kickass Stanford creative writing certification… here are 7 other random (but necessary) facts about me!
- I’m a writer too. So, trust me, I COMPLETELY understand how hard this stuff is from the other side. But you know what else I understand? It’s 100% doable if you have the right support!
- My favorite author is Stephen King. Not because I love horror but because he is a master storyteller.
- I’m a certified yoga instructor. So if you ever want to do a 61-point meditation or some ujjayi breathing, hit me up. We’ll Zen out.
- I am fascinated by how the human brain craves and uses Story. As social creatures, humans use Story to learn, adapt, and survive. And if we connect with a story? Well, it LITERALLY changes us (I’m talking about building new neural pathways here! Heavy stuff.)
- I’m a GenXer. That says a lot right? Yeah, I had a goth phase. Yeah, I listened to Nirvana. Yeah, I can entertain myself indefinitely. Yeah, I still love Pump Up the Volume.
- I believe you should write what you know emotionally. Who the heck wants to only write stories about people exactly like themselves? Ugh. What’s the point? Instead, I think we should dig down into the emotional journey we’re taking through life and bring a deeper truth to the page.
- I believe that books can change the world. Seriously. I do. I believe it. That’s why writers (like you) owe it to themselves (and everyone else) to get their books done and dusted and ready from readers!
Ready for some AWESOME?
Check these out!
Want daily writing tips and tricks?
Want writing prompts that really help you nail down your story?
Want Facebook lives that dish the GOOD STUFF and leave you ready to write?
Want a writing community that will support your writing journey from Once upon a time… until that glorious day with you type The End?
You’re cordially invited to join the Kreative Authorpreneur Facebook group!
Your people are waiting.